Does working for the leader in the industry sound like the professional challenge you are seeking? Looking for unlimited growth potential with a solid company?
Build your career at OFI Testing Equipment, Inc. and experience the advantages that come with working for one of the most respected names in the industry. In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer competitive pay based on experience, excellent benefits and a positive working environment!
Basic Function (Purpose of Position)
To assist the Engineering Department which is responsible for the design and creation of new products which meet or exceed industry requirements, as well as custom designed equipment engineered to meet client’s specifications. Responsible for current products sustainability.
Position Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Design and test instrumentation to meet or exceed industry requirements and those of our clients.
- Complete Engineering Change Requests as assigned by an Engineering Manager or Director.
- Research and specify components required for special projects and/or applications.
- Estimate costs to manufacture new products and instrumentation designed for specific requirements.
- Provide technical support to the OFI manufacturing group.
- Observe all company procedures/policy requirements.
Key Working Relationships
- Quality Control
- Inventory Control
- Supply Chain
- Sales (on occasion)
- OFITE Customers and Vendors
- Prospective Vendors and Customers
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Mechanical Engineering
- ANSYS Analysis
- CAD Software
- Proficient Knowledge and Use of Autodesk Inventor 2012 or Higher
- Electrical Engineering Beneficial
- Proficient Computer Use
- Petroleum Engineering Beneficial
Application of Knowledge and skills
To apply mechanical engineering design to create new products which meet industry standards.
Complexity of Position: Describe the most complex or difficult aspects of this position.
Meet engineering project deadlines and designing instrumentation for processes which have specific design guidelines.
Training / Education
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Experience with machine shop processes and sheet metal design a plus.
How to Apply
11302 Steeplecrest Drive
Houston, TX 77065
These job specifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the positions. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.