Does working for the leader in the industry sound like the professional challenge you are seeking? Looking for unlimited growth potential with a solid company?
Build your career at OFI Testing Equipment, Inc. and experience the advantages that come with working for one of the most respected names in the industry. In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer competitive pay based on experience, excellent benefits and a positive working environment!
Basic Function (Purpose of Position)
To assist the Engineering Department which is responsible for the design and creation of new products which meet or exceed industry requirements, as well as custom designed equipment engineered to meet client’s specifications. Responsible for current products sustainability.
Position Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Design and test instrumentation to meet or exceed industry requirements and those of our clients.
- Complete Engineering Change Requests as assigned by an Engineering Manager or Director.
- Research and specify components required for special projects and/or applications.
- Estimate costs to manufacture new products and instrumentation designed for specific requirements.
- Provide technical support to the OFI manufacturing group.
- Observe all company procedures/policy requirements.
Key Working Relationships
- Quality Control
- Inventory Control
- Supply Chain
- Sales (on occasion)
- OFITE Customers and Vendors
- Prospective Vendors and Customers
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Mechanical Engineering
- ANSYS Analysis
- CAD Software
- Proficient Knowledge and Use of Autodesk Inventor 2012 or Higher
- Electrical Engineering Beneficial
- Proficient Computer Use
- Petroleum Engineering Beneficial
Application of Knowledge and skills
To apply mechanical engineering design to create new products which meet industry standards.
Complexity of Position: Describe the most complex or difficult aspects of this position.
Meet engineering project deadlines and designing instrumentation for processes which have specific design guidelines.
Training / Education
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Experience with machine shop processes and sheet metal design a plus.
QHSE Technician Level II
Department: QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental)
Reports to: QHSE Manager
This position requires an ability to adapt to continuous improvement and change in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work independently with little supervision. This position offers high growth potential towards Senior Technician and management level positions.
- Quality inspection and testing of incoming products.
- Assist in troubleshooting manufacturing quality problems related to materials
- Assist in oversight of our Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems
- Work requirements will likely include on-the-job training as a manufacturing technician, to help you understand our product line and also to help fulfill customers' delivery requirements
Job Position Value
Major benefit(s) that the company derives directly with this position, which will increase profits and reduce costs of quality.
- Minimize risks of nonconforming products reaching our customers, entering our supply chain or disrupting manufacturing processes
- Help our company maintain a healthy and safe work environment for all employees
- Help maintain and promote awareness of our ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
Position Responsibilities and Specific Tasks
- Immediately contain potential nonconforming products to prevent delivery of nonconforming products to our customers
- Approve or reject incoming products by verifying specifications; help determine disposition of nonconforming materials as part of our MRB activities
- Review supplier produced documents such as material certificates, test certificates and FAI’s to verify that our requirements are met.
- Produce and maintain quality records. Accurately document the results of inspection and testing
- Help create and maintain QHSE department procedures and forms
- Participate in internal QMS/EMS and supplier (2nd party) audits
- Maintain our calibration schedule of Internal Measuring and Testing Equipment (IMTE) for our Quality, Manufacturing and Engineering teams. Notify these teams when equipment calibration is coming due
- Minimum of 5 years of Quality Control experience
- Working experience within an ISO 9001 Quality Management System or compatible schemes, such as API Q1 or AS 9100
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings in accordance with ASME Y14.5 GD&T
This position prepares shipments for conveyance. Pack items to ensure an accurate and safe delivery. Generate bills of lading and check items to be shipped against sales orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct. Maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Visually inspect, and pack all shipments for conveyance.
- Ensure that all international and domestic parcel shipments are shipped with the correct contents and documentation.
- Scrutinize all sales and service order to ensure that the part numbers requested are received.
- Ensure that inventory items are transacted in our ERP database according to the SOP.
- Select appropriate carrier and ship method. Arrange for pickup of specific shipments when necessary.
- Ensure that all hazardous goods are shipped in accordance with IATA, IMO and DOT regulations.
- Follow import and export compliance processes.
- Electronic filing of Shippers Export Declaration on the AES website as required.
- Work with freight forwarders to ensure timely delivery. Provide communication to those involved with the shipment both internally and externally.
- Work closely with the Sales department to resolve any issues with sales and service orders.
- File all shipment documentation according to the established document retention SOP.
- Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: 1 or more years of shipping experience
Warehouse environment with forklifts, conveyors, racking, and pallet jacks.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds several times throughout a work shift.
- Ability to stand throughout a work shift.
How to Apply
11302 Steeplecrest Drive
Houston, TX 77065
These job specifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the positions. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.