Does working for the leader in the industry sound like the professional challenge you are seeking? Looking for unlimited growth potential with a solid company?
Build your career at OFI Testing Equipment, Inc. and experience the advantages that come with working for one of the most respected names in the industry. In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer competitive pay based on experience, excellent benefits and a positive working environment!
Rig Field Service Technician
For over 35 years, OFI Testing Equipment (OFITE) has provided a complete line of instruments and reagents for testing drilling fluids, well cements, completion fluids, and wastewater. The company is based in Houston, TX and provides a broad range of oilfield measurement and testing solutions for the laboratory as well as inline applications. By delivering the highest quality products, exceptional service, and consistent innovation, OFITE has become the global leader in its field.
- Basic Function (Purpose of Position)
- The primary purpose of this position is to provide field support and service for active inline measurement systems for OFITE customers with onsite installation, service, training, remote monitoring of installed systems, remote support on the phone or with video call. The secondary purpose would be support assembly and manufacturing of the inline products at the Houston facility.
- Position Responsibilities and Specific Duties
Follow internal OFITE and customer site safety procedures.
Ensuring that the equipment installation meets performance and quality standards as agreed with the customer.
Prepare complete and accurate documentation for all procedures performed. Non-conformance reports must be completed on material furnished by vendors that is not supplied as ordered, with follow-up noted.
Conduct customer service via phone, email, video conference and in person.
Report service visit status daily to supervisor and manager when out of town.
Support assembly, repair, and manufacturing activities as and when needed.
Maintain a clean and organized work area. Tools should be stored when not in use.
Participate on improvement teams to eliminate waste in the repair process.
Provide customer training as needed.
Report expenses and time on first day back in office from service visit.
Represents OFITE policies and practices properly in communications to customers.
Identifies and communicates product/service improvements to supervisor or manager based on customer feedback/experience.
Builds and maintains product knowledge through working in other production areas, attending OFITE training sessions and interacting with OFITE technicians regarding product technical questions.
Perform other tasks assigned by supervisor or manager.
Requires travel in the U.S. and internationally.
- Knowledge and Skills
Skilled mechanical, electrical and electronics aptitude
Basic PC/computer skills
Maintain good knowledge of the company and our product line
Able to communicate professionally and courteously
Minimum High School Diploma, associate technical degree, and/or field certifications, military training preferred
Clean driving record
Proficiency in servicing most OFITE assembly products
Bilingual is a plus
Plumbing, construction, or automotive experience is a plus
- Physical Requirements
Must have the ability to lift 50 Pounds several times throughout the work shift.
Availability to travel is required, including occasional travel on weekends.
Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening test.
- This position reports to the Customer Service Supervisor, Customer Service Manager and Director of Manufacturing and Technical Service.
- Contacts Outside Department
- Inventory Control
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Contacts Outside Company
- Customers and Service Providers
- Hazards Associated with Position
- Exposure to general workspace hazards
- Training is given on how to identify and minimize general workspace hazards.
- Awareness of and access to the OFITE General Safety Plan.
- Heavy lifting and muscle stress and strain
- Training is given on how to properly lift objects and how to work to minimize muscle stress and strain.
- Worktables and adjustable chairs are provided to minimize muscle stress and strain.
- Hand tool and power tool use
- Training is supplied on how to properly us all hand and power tools to minimize the risk of injury.
- All tools are maintained and replace as needed.
- All PPE recommended for use with the tools is provided.
- Exposure to and working with chemicals
- Training is supplied on proper use of all reagents and materials used in the assembly area.
- Training is supplied on how to access and utilize SDS and label information on all reagents and materials.
- All appropriate PPE is provided.
- Working with pressure vessels and pressurize gas cylinders
- Training is provided on proper handling, storage and use of pressure vessels and gas cylinders.
- All gas cylinders are secured safely and stored away from the work area when not actively in use.
- Working with and around high temperature systems
- Training is provided on how to operate and safely work around all high temperatures systems.
- Actively heating high temperature systems are operated only in designated testing areas.
- Working with and around high-pressure systems
- Training is provided on how to operate and safely work around all high-pressure systems.
- Actively pressurized high-pressure systems are operated only in designated areas.
- All high-pressure vessels are pressure tested to a 1.5 safety factor in enclosed test areas
- Working with and around exposed electrical components
- Training is provided on how to safely work with and around exposed electrical components.
- All power sources to the exposed components will be disconnected when actively being worked on.
- Working with and around exposed moving parts with pinch points
- Training is provided on how to safely work with and around exposed moving parts with pinch points.
- General hazards when at customer work sites
- Training provided on how to identify hazards and minimize risks when at customer sites.
- Driving for company business
- Training provided on safe driving practices.
- Company paid travel to include company vehicle and all approved travel expenses.
- Exposure to general workspace hazards
Commensurate with experience.
Primary Equipment Instrument Technician
The purpose of this position is to work according to the production schedule to complete job orders.
- Complete tasks according to the production schedule, ensuring that the equipment meets performance and quality standards.
- Follow established safety and assembly procedures.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area. Tools should be stored when not in use.
- Participate on improvement teams to eliminate waste in the assembly process.
- Refer jobs to team leader for review and completion.
- Prepare complete and accurate documentation of all procedures performed. Non-conformance reports
- Must be completed on material furnished by vendors that is not supplied as ordered, with follow-up noted.
- Ability to work in other production areas as needed.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the supervisor or team leader.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Training
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- High School Diploma
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to read and understand technical English
- Basic mechanical aptitude and familiarity with hand tools
- Basic electrical and electronics aptitude
- Basic PC/Computer Skills
- Bilingual is a plus
- Plumbing, construction, or automotive experience is a plus
- Technical school or Military experience is a plus
- Must have the ability to lift 50 Pounds several times throughout the work shift.
- Willingness to travel is a plus
- This position reports to the Light Assembly Supervisor and Director of Manufacturing and Technical Service
Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
11302 Steeplecrest Drive
Houston, TX 77065
These job specifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the positions. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.